1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[b]Noob attempt at Tenchu for PSP Slim[b]

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by 0sniper0, Feb 21, 2008.

1. 0sniper0

0sniper0 Guest

Hello, im new to here and to the whole firmware thing, but here is my problem.

I have installed custom firmware on my Jap PSP Slim using this forum:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610313

so I think I have the latest custom firmware (cheers Dark Alex)

I have a legit ISO file of Tenchu for PS1 that I burnt from my original game.
    I placed this ISO file in the PSPDrvie:\ISO folder, but!!!!
    when I go to the PSP menu the game is not shown.
    This is my first time doing this, and I may be missing something basic so chill on the insults.
    anyone have any ideas why this would be??

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
  2. rickem

rickem Regular member

PS1 games have to be converted to an EBOOT.PBP file.

3. 0sniper0

0sniper0 Guest

hi and thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated, so I have to convert them to that file, ok. Can u tell me the main software you would use to do this please?
    Also, once I convert them to it, is that file to be placed within the ISO folder along wiht my original ISO file?

4. phreakr

phreakr Member

First thing is we need to know exactly what firmware you are currently on. In order to play PSX games you need to have popsloader after installation of pops and enabling it in the recovery menu under seplugins you can run PSX games. The following thread has a little guide on how to install popsloader here
    That thread is based on 3.71 however you can get the updated files from dark-alex's site for 3.80. The 3.80 pops works under the new cfw 3.90m33-2

The EBOOT.PBP needs to be placed in it's own folder in the GAME directory. It should look as follows:

PSP/GAME/Tenchu/EBOOT.PBP

To convert your ISO file to an EBOOT use the program "popstationGUI"

5. 0sniper0

0sniper0 Guest

hi, I think my firmware is 3.71 M33-2 although im at work so cant check to be sure, but I think it currently is set as that.

I thank you for the link to the guide, although I cant find the popsloader download for my version, they all seem to be for 3.80 M33-4? would this cause any issues if I try to run with my current firmware?
    Or would you happen to have a link for my version?

Anyway, so once I install the popsloader and download the 4 .prx files. Place them inside the "seplugins\popsloader" folder, then place the folder named "seplugins" to the ROOT of my PSP memory stick this should run my PS1 games?

Many thanks for the info guys, much appreciated :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
  6. rickem

rickem Regular member

Use this guide. Works a treat^_^

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  7. 0sniper0

0sniper0 Guest

Thanks Rickem, cant wait to get home to destroy my PSP ;D

8. rickem

rickem Regular member

Here is a good place for your images and icons.

9. 0sniper0

0sniper0 Guest

pure Excellence!!!!!!!!! Thanks again :)