1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[b]Trying to Load Clips from Backups[b]

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by djlen, Dec 20, 2007.

1. djlen

djlen Regular member

I am trying to create a series of clips from movies I've backed up using Windows Movie Maker.
    What I've done so far is I've taken the clips I want from a couple of movies using "Start/End" function in DVD Shrink, and saved them to my hard drive.
    They are 'Image Files'. I have loaded 'Winamp Media Files' into the Movie Maker with no problem, but these Image Files won't go into
    the application to be edited.
    Do I have to convert them into Media Files in order to do this or how exactly should I proceed from here.

Len

2. attar

attar Senior member

I have never been able to import VOB or mpeg2 files into WMM.

To get the files from DVD format and into something it would accept I had to convert the files to AVI.
    Converting the files to AVI takes time and there are programs like AutoGordianKnot that automate it somewhat.

I used VirtualDub with the separate mpeg plugin to load the vob file (VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.Vob, etc).
    I selected Lame mp3 for the audio and the Huffy codec.
    The Huffy codec is lossless, but generate huge files and if you don't have the disk space, it would be prudent to use DivX or XviD instead.