1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back up copy of DVD will not play after the second or third viewing.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blkpearl, Sep 3, 2007.

1. blkpearl

blkpearl Member

Newbie with a question.

I have the following programs AnyDVD, DVD SHrink 3.2 and Nero 7 premium. I back up copy's of my store bought movies and use them in our RV. I notice that the first time we view the backed-up DVD the movie plays fine. If we watch it the second or third time the movie stops or skips and jumps all over the place.

I have purchased a new DVD player, no change. I have purchased newer media and tried that, no change. Can anyone tell me what the likely cause would be?

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Might be burning to Fast...burn at half the rated speed of the disks.
    also you might need a firmware up date?

also what brand of media are you using?
    try Verbatims or sonys, or anything Made in Japan.

also dont put paper labels on the disks.

since you got a new dvd player its not the problem, however using lens cleaner and spraying can air in them help out.

it most likely is compatibility issues with the media you chose and your burner, firmware might help with certain discs, but its always better when you use highly compatible media like Verbatims or Taiyo Yudens(online)

3. blkpearl

blkpearl Member

Thanks for the quick response. I've been using dvd labels for the kids to picture associate with the movie, I guess that will stop immediately.

I will do the firmware update on all the programs and slow the burn speed down. Thanks again.

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hi, I had a similar prob previously,turned out 2 b a bad burner. When a burner goes bad the laser output is not strong enough to convert the gel in the dye layer permanently to the solid phase. It, the gel, is still able to b converted when another laser(the reading)applies it's energy 2 the partially solidified written data.In essence the reading laser in the dvd player corrupts the data and that is why all the errors.Also 2 high a write speed causes similar problems on poor quality media(I prefer Ritek or Taiyo Yuden) and I write no faster than 4x on any type of dvd media.

Hope this helps

5. res2cue

res2cue Guest

get rid of the paper labels and I think your problems will be solved without doing the other things. btw: Firmware updates are done on your hardware, not the software... I've had some success running the disc under warm water to remove the label and still have the disc work fine afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  6. blkpearl

blkpearl Member

Thanks. I will try removing a few labels tonight and see if it resolves this issue.

7. lodebar

lodebar Member

I had the same problem last year and it turned out to be where i had put labels on my disc's .

8. steluta

steluta Guest

scammer sent off to the pond of life

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2007
  9. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

I'm not saying this is the problem, BUT Try keeping the disc away from the KIDS. They are scratch magnets

Try GOO-B-GONE to remove the paper labels

But Try res2ues way first then if there is any residue left use the goo-b-gone