1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back up drive ?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by paudge, Jun 14, 2004.

1. paudge

paudge Member

This is probably the daftest question ever, but....

I have a 120G HD computer, when I open my computer under hard drives I have C (Boot), D (back up) and E (Recover). C is the one I have everything saved to with a total size off 55Gb, however am running out of that rapidly (Only 3G's left). The question(s) is how do I use or access my back up (D)? I don't understand its functionality or how I can use it my benefit??????
    How best to use it?
    Cheers,
    P

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

How you should use that setup is install all program and core utilities on the C partition.
    The D partition is for all your data. SO all your word, excell, movies, mp3's ete should be on the D partion. How this is good is that virus mainly target programs. So if you get one, you can format the C partion, and reinstall the operation system, programs on it and still have all your data on D drive.
    Or if you download something and save to D and get some thing you can do the same and protect your programs.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Furthermore, no just just virus perspective: it's just cleaner to keep related things together :) This way you dont have to stress about saving your work when you need/want to format :)