1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back up dvd from a back up

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by smiffycc, Jun 7, 2007.

1. smiffycc

smiffycc Member

hi guys could any of you help me i am stuck.
    i have burned quite a few dvds now without any problems but i have a copy of i robot and the disc is getting scratched. i would like to re copy from this copy before it gets worse, is this possible because with dvd decrypter/dvd shrink dvdfab and dvd clone i always get errors half way through. i have tried this with a few of my copys and the same things happen. if any1 can help i would be greatful thanks :)

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You might have used poor media and now you have this problem. A good burn on good media world require no software to copy it back to your pc. You should be able to just copy the files using explorer.

3. smiffycc

smiffycc Member

how do i do it with explorer im not great with computers.
    Smiffy.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

in this instance all you need to do is copy/paste the VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive using good ole Windows Explorer and burn to another DVD using your normal burning software.

5. jony218

jony218 Guest

If your getting crc error's, it's probably bad media. When I had a similar problem, I used isobuster to fix a couple of dvd's, it didn't recover all my dvd's but I was lucky to get anything off my memorex dvd's (sometimes it does take over an hour for this program to do it's stuff). Something else you can try is use a different dvd drive(some have more power to read a bad dvd).

6. smiffycc

smiffycc Member

i tried copy and pasting and it come up with cannot copy VTS_01_1: invalid MS-DOS function any ideas. cheers