1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back-up help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 000_xx, Mar 26, 2007.

1. 000_xx

000_xx Guest

cant seem 2 backup ghost recon 2 using a samsung162c flashed with kreon firmware. hav backed up my other games fine using xbc 2.3. I get a mesg "unable to determine the current visible partition"? any help would b great. thanks

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

easiest way is update XBC to 2.4. other wise there is about a 5 step process to getting the game to backup. so just update XBC and problem solved.

3. 000_xx

000_xx Guest

cheers man
    i updated xbc and it read the game fine untill bout 50% n i got a dvd read error

"a read error has occurred in the file system data area. If this data cannot be recovered or you choose to zero fill this section it will result in a incomplete back up".

I selected the retry reading option and it finished like normal. I was jus woundering wen i get an error like this even though it ends up reading the disc will it affect how the backup plays at all?

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

maybe this was a known issue and thats why he's already released 2.5 could be worth trying that and see how that works.

5. 000_xx

000_xx Guest

no worries man will give that ago
    i leave xbc 2 default speed would this b a problem
    does the reading or writing speed affect the quality of the backup?

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Burn at 4x with Verbatim DVD+R DL discs.

7. 000_xx

000_xx Guest

been using TDK at 2.4x they play fine so far
    do u get a better burn at 4x?

8. 000_xx

000_xx Guest

tryed it with xbc 2.5 same thing happens at around %50
    think i will jus try burn the one that stopped but still completed see wat happens

9. steimy

steimy Active member

that is very odd. I know it can be done because i have seen that game all over download sites. I have never had a problem with XBC 2.4
    But i am using a Samsung SH-D163A drive (the SATA version)
    Is your drive flashed with the latest firmware? (I think last time i checked it was Kreon V.081)

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

There's only a few of us who'll preach burning at 4x. I had King Kong and Just Cause sitting on the shelf for quite awhile now. So for shits and giggles I ripped them and burnt them at 6x. They play perfect. I've finished Just Cause and am in the middle of Kong. I've had no errors what so ever. I also burnt Earth Defense at 6x with the same results.

11. 000_xx

000_xx Guest

firmware is Kreon V.81
    yeah its spining me out every other backup worked fine
    i hav used 2.4 and 2.5 only thing i can think is maybe
    the orginal is scratched n thats causing the error
    oh well cheers 4 everyones help

12. 000_xx

000_xx Guest

made a backup of ghost recon 2 with that iso that failed then finshed n it didnt work, now getting same problem wen trying 2 read crackdown
    anyone?

13. 000_xx

000_xx Guest

and saints row now
    can anyone help?

14. bwhitacre

bwhitacre Member

Do you happen to have Samsung ODD Firmware LiveUpdate installed on your PC? If so, you may want to reflash the drive with the Kreon 0.81 firmware. I had this same problem. I thought the live update wanted to upgrade the flash on my other drive, but instead it overwrote the Kreon flash. I hope you have luck with this, as I can now backup games again. Good luck!

15. navsav

navsav Regular member

Hey man I had this same problem - but I switched to schtrom instead of xbc and it worked fine - give it a try at least.

16. 000_xx

000_xx Guest

tryed schtrom n got an error half way saying an "error occurred this should happen with xbox games not xbox 360 games" (something along the lines of that) but its weird coz some games backup fine.

didnt no i had 2 update the firmware? how do i do this?

17. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

this problem occurs with some games some people clean the disc and restart their pcs and it works, but if that doesnt work then use this method i used iso buster to get the isofile and use xbox back up creator to get the ss file and dmi and the other one and loaded up all 4 in ss merger then use img burn to burn on slow speed and ur back up will work
    i had to do the same thing for ghost recon advanced war fighter 1 and it works a treat
    sorry aint got much time to do a proper step by step guide on it but if you google the problem their are some good tutorials on it
    i know this method will work for people having problems with backing up crackdown and star trek and a couple of more games