1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back up of Ray has problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BuzzKutt, Mar 23, 2005.

1. BuzzKutt

BuzzKutt Member

I am new to the forum and am thanlful for this valuble resource. I have read for awhile and purchased a Lite-On SOHW-1633S Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer. I have backed up several of my DVDs using the guides on this site. I use DVD Decryter and CloneCD to DVD+R. All work good, except Ray. At the end the picture becomes all pixaled up and you can't see it. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Buzz

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Have you changed the media you are using? If not you could try using DVD Shrink program to shrink after you have used DVD Decrypter. By using DVD Shrink you can set the target output size to 4300 to 4334 which will leave some space on disk, so movie will not run into edge dye. Sometimes running to close to the edge can cause this pixellation.

3. BuzzKutt

BuzzKutt Member

Thanks for the info. I will try it out and post.
    Buzz

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Hope this works for you :)

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Seeing how you already have CloneDVD2 you can adjust the target size in there as well. Just select custom and use 4300MB.. Also would help to use some better media. :)

[​IMG]

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thank you bbmayo, I have just recently added CloneDVD, and just learned something new about using the program.

7. BuzzKutt

BuzzKutt Member

DVD shrink worked,and I will try it with CloneDVD on my next one. Thanks for the advice. What is a good alternitive to CloneDVD ? And my Sony laptop doesn't see my backed up copies. I

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

A good alternative... Hmmmmm? There really isn't a as good alternative IMO. There how ever are a couple better alternatives the first one being CinemaCraftEncoder which is a little to confusing for most but by far the best when it comes to quality. Then you have DVDCopy3 which is pretty close to the quality level of of CCE, but is much easier for the average Joe to use. If you are doing just main movie backup's though then you probably aren't going to beat CloneDVD2 it is fast and reliable. If you plan on backing up the whole DVD then you might want to go with CCE or DVDC3.