1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back-Up Problems !

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Oo00oO, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Oo00oO

Oo00oO Member

Now then people...
    Yesterday i was sat playing my back-up of Burnout 3 when my new flip-top cover arrived, eager to be rid of the nagging time-wasting slide-tool i proceeded to install the new casing.
    I near-succesfully installed the casing but i have 2 problems.

1. I have to keep pressure on the center of the lid to keep games running smoothly and make no noise, because sometimes they fail to load.
    2. Now when i go to use my Swap Magic v.3.3 and it says load program i insert my back-ups and it claims they are not valid ps2 discs, yet all of back-ups worked before the casing was installed.

Could anyone pleeease help me out as im pretty frustrated, as this casing has created more problems then it has solved, cheers !

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, get used to that noisy sound with your new case installed, because it happens to almost everybody, including me. But I do not know why it would prevent your games not to work with Swap Magic 3.3. Have you ever gotten a game to work since the case was installed or have they all failed to load?

3. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

I think as long as you got a good quality case and put it together right, there shouldn't be any problems. Where did you get the case from and how much did it cost?

4. Oo00oO

Oo00oO Member

I got my case off e-bay for £8.00, i have never had problems loading games until i installed the case now when i insert my DVD SM3.3 it tells me my back-ups that were working before are not valid ps2 discs, it's not that its not loading altogether, as the ps2 must be reading the discs to tell me they are not valid, and i have never had a back-up load since the case was installed. Maybe i need to clean my laser? either way i wish that i just never bothered with the case.

Just thought i'd update my post, since i typed the above paragraph my ps2 is now failing to read my swap magic disc, it recognises it as a ps2 disc on the browser menu, but when i select it it begins to load as normal with the screen turning black then Playstation 2 appearing, then normally the SM menu would load, but now its returning to the browser menu.
    My ps2 still loads originals, so i have installed the original casing to get rid of the noise, and tried SM again but to no avail, i think i need a pro for some advice, so come on, bring it on!

Right now im getting really p155ed off, my ps2 has decided that it would like to load the SM now, but it still claims that my back-ups are not valid ps2 discs, but how !!! they worked before in the identical ps2, before i tried the flip-top, i will give a personal recomendation for knight-hood to the queen,to whoever solves my problem!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  5. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Since you haven't had any problems since you got the case, my best guess is that the case is more than likely your only problem unless you messed something up putting it together, but I doubt it. Get a new case at http://www.ps2fliptop.net It might cost a little more than other places but it's well worth it because they are high quality. They'll even match a cheaper price you find on another site. Just email them with the link to the cheaper price and they'll adjust it for you. They did this for me. I got a clear-green fliptop there and it works great.

6. pj3101

pj3101 Member

ru using the white magnet thing that came with the top, mine made noise, but i switched it out with the original and it works fine

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  7. Oo00oO

Oo00oO Member

no the problem im having is that since i installed my case (and now even after i took it off)my ps2 has suddenly stopped playing back-ups, it loads SM and originals but now it dont load back-ups. any suggestions

8. pj3101

pj3101 Member

this might be aa stupid question, but have u tried loading by pressing both x and square?

9. Oo00oO

Oo00oO Member

yes, i have tried both x and square, the question im most after an answer for is why is my ps2 not loading back-ups now, i was having no trouble at all until the switch of cases, i know what im doing as far as booting games up etc.., looks like my £8.00 case is gonna cost me for a new ps2 :(