1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back-up Swap-Magic???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 666Hate, Mar 4, 2004.

1. 666Hate

666Hate Member

Hey, I was wondering if it's possiable to back up the swap magic boot discs. I've only had mine for about a month now, but the condition of the disc are getting worse every week. Is it possiable to have the ps2 recognize the back-up swap magic disc's since they would be on dvd+r and a CD-R, or i'm i just wasting my time???

2. Tazz212

Tazz212 Member

I don't think so. I tried to boot a burned version of SwapMagic 3.0 and it the PS2 wouldn't recognize it. So I'm sorry, I don't think there is a way to back it up.

3. Antourage

Antourage Member

Sorry guys, you can't burn Swap Magic due to the bad sectors. If it was burnable, you wouldn't need it because you would be able to burn the game and play it with no problems(Both use the bad sectors to prevent copy and play)

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

An interesting thing to note here is that you can apparently boot backups of the Swap Magic 3 discs using your original Swap Magic 2 discs. Sounds kind of stupid at first although if you use your imagination you could find a creative benefit to doing this.