1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back up Swap Magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DurandalX, Oct 21, 2004.

1. DurandalX

DurandalX Guest

Hi there

Hopefully someone here can help out with this problem i have. I have a Swap Magic DVD v.2.0 and im trying desperately to make a working backup of it. I do not use a downloaded iso or something like that. This may sound funny but i have a little kid with the habit of destroying my originals once in a time cause i cant get my brother OR my wife to store away the discs they are not currently playing. So already i was forced to buy the swap magic disc twice. I heard that there IS a way to make a working backup for this thing, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance, brian

2. flipflops

flipflops Member

yes you can make a working backup of the swapmagic,but im sorry to say that i have no idea of how to do this,the only problem is that the swapmagic is pressed and when you have backed it up,you will still need to use the origanal swapmagic to play your backup of the swapmagic,thats all that i can say about this,happy times

3. DurandalX

DurandalX Guest

yeah, thats as far as i have come too, but there IS a way to make this darn thing working. Im really not inclined to buy one of those every damn month. Still waiting for the magical solution wizard posting...

4. jonels

jonels Regular member

you can do the cogswap mem/card exploit and that enables you to boot without using the Swap Magic DVD...... but you do need an original PS1 game for the trigger and an original PS2 DVD game for the Toc refresh