1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back up the back up..

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by austurk, Aug 26, 2004.

1. austurk

austurk Member

Hi everyone, if you can help, i would appreciate,

This is the story, i dvd shrink does its magic and i can back up, but then again, i cannot back up the copy. dvdshrink gives an error.

i cannot even copy the copy dvd with Nero. so why the hell does that happen.
    - i cannot copy the copy.
    - i can copy but my dvd rom is messed up so it doesnt read it.
    - dvd shrink does not back up the copy.
    - or something else that i dont know that keeps pissing me offf....

thanks everyone....:)

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like the copy is of poor quality.

Why not reburn the VIDEO_TS that Shrink leaves after the first burn?

3. michigan

michigan Guest

I agree, try to reburn it with different media (get the good stuff) then try to copy the copy.

4. austurk

austurk Member

Thanks mates, but...

ok I got an original movie...copied it both normal and deep analysis back up...but i still couldnt copy the copy...

Nephilim, i will sound stupid i know but how can i reburn the video_ts as i only know to put the dvd in the rom and blank inthe burner and just back up...can you give some details if you can?...and how can be the copy be a bad quality one? how can i make sure that it is not bad quality?...

michigan, thanks for help, can you tell me what you mean by different media, if it is different movie, i have already used a good dvd to back up..or if it is a different burning tool other than shrink or Nero, can you recommend me another one?...

another general question my biggest tv at home is 51cm so just wondering if i watch the shrinked movies on a bigger screen tv say 148cm would it be so bad if the compression is below 70 %?

wow, too many questions :} sorry guys i am really into this and wanna get the best ican..:)

cheers for your help

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm

Here's a little guide by Scubapete:
    Pete's Nero guide
    Do not use Nero Wizard.
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the “New Compilation” window. Directly under the title “New Compilation” is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose DVD. Directly under that click on the DVD Video Icon. Then click “New” in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the DVD Video window. In the left screen, click VIDEO_TS. In the File Browser screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the VIDEO_TS folder, the one you made earlier holding all of your files and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the “Shift” key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click “OK” and now shout out, “Burn Baby, BURN !” one more time, let me hear you say it, “Who’s your Daddy Now ???” Guess what my Friend ? You are done !!!

Use better media :) branded Verbatim's and Ritek's G04's come highly recommended on aD.

6. michigan

michigan Guest

Media = blank discs

7. austurk

austurk Member

Thank you very much, i love this website...:) very helpful members, ..:)

i'll try all the info and see what happens, i use blank princo dvd's. some said they are good some said they're s**t...anyways, thanks alot for the help...:)

cheers,

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If you have problems with the Princos try burning slower :)

9. flip218

Or throw them away :)

10. gorangel

gorangel Guest

You can´t back up a backup.It´s not a media problem.

11. flip218

Yes you can.

If you use decent media, any disc copy software will work. Roxio or Nero has this. Shrink and Decrypter will also work (if the source can be read/ripped ... which is why it helps to use quality media to start)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 450GB HD
    NEC 2510A, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro[/small]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  12. ozy

ozy Regular member

Try using dvd decrypter to rip to hard drive. it never fails!