1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back-up Vice City

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stanna, Apr 16, 2003.

1. stanna

stanna Member

I wish to protect my original copy of vice city ps2 and wondered if someone could take me through the process of making a back-up copy, before one of my 5 sons kill it. never done this before and only have cd burner not dvd burner

please help

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

well than it is going to be very difficult to back up because GTA VC is a dvd based game and you have a cd burner
    there is a guide on this site on how to do it I left the link in my post below this one

also you didnt mention a mod chip, whcih will be nessisary to play the back up once you have it

Last edited: Apr 16, 2003
  3. c7015

c7015 Regular member

here is the exact link to the guide
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/8553

mt advice to you would be that you get a dvd burner if you are going to backup several games(if you have the money) because it will take far less time and is a good resource to have in the long run

4. stanna

stanna Member

I only wish to do this game. dont know what software to use to rip it to cdr size, if thats what you do

5. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

DVD to CD-R ripping is worthless when it comes to games like Vice City. You have to get rid of too much stuff. just go out and get a DVD-R you can get a Toshiba SD-R5002 for less than 200$. It is worth it.

6. c7015

c7015 Regular member

all the software that you need is mentioned on this link http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/8553
    but carlitob is right it is not really worth it to do gta vc and only that because you will need a mod chip to play any copied game and to just do one is too much work you would be better off just to buy a used copy in the event that your children break it or scrtach it making it unplayable

hope this helped