1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back up wont boot one does but its diffrent from others

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sodank, Apr 25, 2005.

1. sodank

sodank Member

I had a guy MOD my ps2 dont know the chip though. Have me Tekken 5 to show it worked now hes MIA and im in a jam. The game he gave me boots fine no problems at all. Every game I burn wont boot. I tried diffrent dvds I tried Fuji-R TDK-R TDK+R (compusa disk lol) and verbatim dvd+r. I dont know what chip he used I cant reach him to ask about the way he made the disk. I have eight screws so i think its an older ps2.
    The methods of burning I tried so far I did the ISO rip and burn with Decryptor. I did a rebuild with decryptor and burn with nero. But heres the funny thing The disk he gave me looks like this
    IOPRP300IMG
    IXRARC.bin
    SLUS_210.59
    SYSTEM
    TKtdata0.bin
    all the way to TK5data5.bin

All the ISO and rips ive done so far look diffrent the data files are in one folder theres other files in other folders, these files on his disk are all on disk no folders. Help did i get ripped off or am i doing somthing wrong thanks guys.
    I realized this was posted in the wrong threadf so i moved it here sorry

2. hursty

hursty Active member

how big is the file?

what do yours say?(the files)
    are they sles instead of slus

and whats that all about???

3. hursty

hursty Active member

oh,and whats the version number of your ps2??

4. sodank

sodank Member

The Version number I dont know exactly but theres 8 screws which I beleive means its a newer ps2 at least 4 or up.

The rebuild with dvd decryptor, I simply ripped with dycryptor opened ISO buster took out the files changed the dummy file and rebuilt the iso burned and no good coaster popped out.

Ill give you an exact comparison of what i get to what he made.

IOPRP300IMG 272 KB
    IXRARC.bin 298 KB
    SLUS_210.59 674 KB
    SYSTEM 1 KB
    TK5DATA0.bin 2,024,010 KB
    TK5DATA1.bin 2,267,316 KB
    TK5DATA2.bin 238,698 KB
    TK5DATA3.bin 412,990 KB
    TK5DATA4.bin 176 KB
    TK5DATA5.bin 412,990 KB
    this is what Is in his dvd no subfolders at all just right there there big bin files.

Mine are sles they look like this

(folder) Modules
    (folder) USR
    (File) Cache.Lst
    (File) Dummy.Dat
    (File) SLES_527.30
    (File) System

In the Modules Folder
    AMSOUND.IRX
    CRI_ADXI.IRX
    IOPRP300.IMG
    LIBSD.IRX
    MCMAN.IRX
    MCSERV.IRX
    MODHSYN.IRX
    MODMIDI.IRX
    MODSEIN.IRX
    MODSESQ.IRX
    MTAPMAN.IRX
    PADMAN.IRX
    SDRDRV.IRX
    SIO2MAN.IRX

In the Usr Folder
    ADX_UsA.AFS
    DATA_CMN.AFS
    DATA_ENG.AFS
    DATA_FRA.AFS
    DATA_GER.AFS
    DATA_ITA.AFS
    DATA_SPN.AFS
    DBZ2OPEU.AFD
    DBZ2OPUS.SFD
    ENDING00.SFD
    OPENING.SFD

This is a camparison between his Tekken 5 which is 4.17 GIGS and my DBZ 3 Budoki which is 4.33 GIGS (thats what im working on now. It looks like he was able to take the data Files and things of importance and pack tehm into bin files that the chip reads. But the chip wont boot any of my backups so far. Im lost and i cant reach this guy to tell me what chip or how he did it, any ideas thanks.
    One more thing I just made a an ISO of his disk using Dycrypter and burned it with decrypter the ISO looks exactly like his but the burn wont boot either, could it be the media I have tried it with the following. Fuji dvd-r TDK dvd_R Verbatim dvd+R (Compusa disk) and Dynex +R disks. Thats the only disk manufactureres i could find around here.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005