1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backed DVD won't play

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by SurfDude, Dec 12, 2004.

1. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

Hi all,
    Im new here and figured out how to work with DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink reading some threads. Good info tho. Anyway when going to back up ask me to select a country, I MUST select a "correct" one. I selected an European, African... one because I know if select USA it won't work. Well still don't work after selected those countries. Everything was succsesfull in DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, but when try to play the Backedup DVD says: "[bold]Disc is not formatted to play in this region[/bold]" What can I do now or what countries should I choose?

THNX in advance.

2. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

Also, I did a back up for The Bourne Supremacy but, I just can play it in my PC, not on a DVD player, any seggestions?

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello surfdude,After you hit backup,Did you try selecting region free in the dvd region tab? On the stand alone playing that backup of bourne sepremecy:What media are you using? Try a different,high quality media. That usually fixes the stand alone issues. Maybe even slow down the burn could help. Later

4. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

I used Fujifilm DVD+RW
    My driver support both +/- but it kinda was messed up when I used DVD+R so after I changed it to +RW worked fine just my DVD player dont read the Burned DVD but I can see it on my PC and on my portable DVD player with no problems. Could be the media or just the DVD player? THNX.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hey surfdude, Media is the most important item for dvd burning. Download this: http://www.dvdinfopro.com <this will tell you the code for your blank media> Go to http://digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm <this is the site you can see where those codes rank.Are you setting your backups to region free? On your +rw's. My stand alones have a harder time trying to play +rw. The + r's,high quality,may take care of this issue.later

6. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Some standalone DVD players won't play RW's at all.

7. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

Hi saugmon,

I burnt my first 2 DVDs, The Bourne Supremasy and DodgeBall. With Bourn Supremasy it was setted to region free but DodgeBall asked me to select the "correct" region or to keep the R.C.E. protection, I didnt see the "region free" that I saw with Bourne Supremasy.

Anyway, the good news are that by selecting USA, Canada, I could play it (which I think is weird) but it worked!
    So I got my first 2 DVD burnt!! They just dont play on my Home DVD player :-/

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hey surfdude, those are some pretty tough movies that many people are have trouble with.I think dodgeball gave me that rpc message, I just x'd out of it.I didn't change any settings,however I burn with nero 6.0. Now on that stand alone dvd player.Here are some things you can try and i List them as easiest to hardest.1)High quality media...2) slower burnspeed...3)try another format,looks like you can do both + and - ,from your earlier post...4) firmware update,sometimes works...5) If that player absolutely refuses to play those backups after these changes,it may be bad or you have a weak burner. Normally #1 - #3 takes care of these issues. Did you try some +r's..?later