1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backed up commercial dvd's skip chapter to chapter..

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by lardawg, Sep 15, 2004.

1. lardawg

lardawg Member

I am having a huge amount of trouble with dvd's that I back-up using DVDBackup and down size using dvd2onex. They will work on the computer but will skip from chapter to chapter when played on a commercial player (Sony). Is there anything that I can do about this? I have about 4 of them that have done it to me at this point. 25th hour, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and most recently, The King of Comedy. As well as 2 others that I don't remember the names of.

Help please,
    L

2. AAiek

AAiek Guest

Hello Lardawg

My first post; so here we go. I use Mactheripper and then either Dvdremaster or Dvd2onex to shrink the movie.

In my experience, using cheap dvd-r discs can create these problems that you mention. I was using no name brand discs and was having this exact trouble approximately 60 - 70% into the movie.

Using TDK discs I have no trouble at all and have not had one failure of this nature in 50 burns.

My first DVD player was a centrix and it had some trouble reading these original burnt discs. The player I now use in a LG which reads all formats, and therefore no problems.

I suggest you try a better brand of disc and give it another go. I mainly use Dvdremaster over dvd2onex, but the end product is the same. Dvdremaster has two methods of shrinking Vs dvd2onex's one method.

Good Luck

AAiek

3. RED_BULL

RED_BULL Guest

Yes,i use Mactheripper and DVDremaster to,thats the best combination! ...and then burn it with toast6.
    I burn my movies with sentinel discs,only 17$ for 25discs
    ( i live in begium,i think its a diffrent price from country to country).
    I never have any problems with burning discs and play it on a normal dvdplayer.i've burned over 40 discs,never had a problem.
    Did you burn the movies with toast or another program?

4. lardawg

lardawg Member

Well I figured out the problem and it is not the disks it was DVD2oneX that was causing the problem. I found a disk that I had this problem with and encoded it with DVDoneX as well as DVDremaster and the DVDremaster worked fine. I then tried encoding again with DVD2oneX and had the same problem. I am no longer using DVD2oneX.