1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backed Up DVD's Hang Up On Playback (DVD Player)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by johnnyaa2, Dec 16, 2004.

1. johnnyaa2

johnnyaa2 Guest

I have backed up DVD videos (not full length movies) such as Band of Brothers, Billard Tournaments, etc. that appear to back up properly. Using the DVD player menu screen to select a particular segment of the video causes the player to hang up. Appears to have found the correct track ... but will not play. Does play from the opening scene.

Using DVD -R's (Fuji), CSS/CPPM disc encryption, Sony burner. Have tried (1ClickDVDCopy + dvd43), (1ClickDVD copy + DVDdecrypter) and (DVDShrink + DVDdecrypter) all with same results.

Appreciate any ideas to solve my problem.

Thanks.

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

When you say DVD player menu, do you mean the dvd player in your PC, or your standalone?
    Reason being, there are still a lot of standalones that have compatibility issues with certain media. Buy cheap media? most regret it in the long term! Have you tried to play it in another standalone?

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

A change in media has my vote too -

an Addition, In DVD Shrink, "edit", "preferences" adjust the "Target size" to "Custom" 4360 MB - it may help also -

Pete

4. johnnyaa2

johnnyaa2 Guest

It is the standalone DVDmenu on the TV screen. I have considered different mfg for the blanks ... Also, have considered DVD +R's. Am in the process of checking on another standalone player.

Thanks for your suggestions.

John

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Best of luck John -

SEASONS GREETINGS everyone ~

Pete

6. johnnyaa2

johnnyaa2 Guest

Bingo! Pete and Pulsar were right on. Changed media and all is well. Went to www.nomorecoasters.com to assist in making choice. Only TDK of the highest rated group was available locally at COMPUSA or Best Buy. Anyway ... TKK's work just fine. FUJI's headed for the trash can.

By the way, I found the rest of the top group using my favorite hardware/software search engine www.pricewatch.com. Always good pricing and reliable vendors. Never have been disappointed with this site ... so far anyway.

Thanks for your help and hope you have safe and happy holidays.

John

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Always happy to help! Glad you managed to sort it. And thank you for the thank you!

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey John, glad you're on "spot on" -

Let's not think about saying "Goodbye" just yet -

We'd still like you to stop by and visit even when you don't have problems you need help with - "Pop" in when you can and cruise around the different forums. You never know when we might have something that can make your computer work a little easier. You might pickup some valuable tips to boot. Checkout the "Safety Valve", it's a place where we "Chew the fat" on just about every topic under the sun. Heck, check out our forums on Digital Camcorders, Photography, Home Theater components, Games OR p2p topics.

As an extra added bonus, when you see another person with a problem and you feel you might know something that could help, join in. As the Ogre said to the Cyclops, " Three heads are better than two." (Lol) You'll then see how much fun we have helping others. As a current member of our little club you can welcome the new guys in -

We'll look forward to seeing you. "Me ?" You'll find me hangin' out over there by the water cooler, sittin' under the potted palm with my feet propped up, sipping on a "cold one", waiting for the next "Newbie" with a problem that I can help them with - maybe you'd like to join me . . . ? I'll be lQQkin for you - -

Till then,

I'll be Sea'n you -

Pete ;p)