1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backed up dvds stop working on home dvd players

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mjkass, Sep 26, 2004.

1. mjkass

mjkass Member

for the past few months i have ripped dvds and compiled dvds from other sources, the problems i have encountered is that whatever type of disc i use i get a perfect working copy that will play on any home dvd player and pc.
    After a period of time (few weeks) the disc wont read in either the home dvd player or the pc dvd drive.
    I have tried various types of dics + & - format and different brands of discs, i am currently using ritek discs and still having the same problems.
    the software im using to rip dvds is
    dvd shrink
    clone dvd
    i am using dvd lab to authur my dvds and using the latest version of nero to burn my dvd files on a sony DW-u18a burner.

can anybody make any suggestions why i am having these problems?

2. IBL

IBL Member

3. IBL

IBL Member

4. mjkass

mjkass Member

To IBL..thanks very much for the links, spent the past couple of days checking/testing the faulty discs that i now have in my possesion, the majority of the faulty discs turned out to be one particular brand..(sky media)i have only had a few faulty verbanim discs..and so far the discs that i have been using for the past month are ARITA ritek G04, and touch wood i aint had a duff one yet. its a funny old game innit???