1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backed up games wont instal to HD

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Chris_1, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Hey i am having a bit of trouble installing games to my 360's hard drive. The games play fine but i would like them on the HD so the xbox doesn't make as much noise etc. Each time i try tho the games instal to 6 or 7 %. Then i get an error saying the disc needs wiped. This happens with all my games even ones that have just been burned.

Any one know what the cause of this could be? Thanks Chris.

2. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

When you burned them, did you let ImgBurn verify the burns? Also, if you're using Burner Max (or you just own a LiteOn burner anyway), have you tried using KProbe to do a scan of the disc?

I would suspect that your burns are not particularly good, but it could also be that your drive's laser is on the way out or needs tweaking.

3. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Yeah I let img burn verify them, No I havnt used kprobe I will hive that a go. I am using brand new verbatim discs and the consoles not that old. I'll give that probe a go tho cheers.

4. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Oh yeah and 1 of the games I burned today crashes a few missions in. Does that point towards a " bad burn "

And how do I rectify this so they are of better quality.