1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backed up PSX games won't run - scared to try PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by burgman, Oct 4, 2004.

1. burgman

burgman Member

I just modded my PS2 with a Duo2 chip and wanted to try backing up my kids PSX games. I tried Pac man World using nero at first. Then, Clone CD and finally Alcohol. Everytime I put the game in the PS2 and start it, it shows a bunch of colored boxes, and it thinks that its an audio cd. This PS2 is brand new, so it can't be the laser. Please help, I want to buy a dvd burner to start backing up PS2 games, but I am heistant now that I can't get PSX games to work. By the way, the original pac man game does work in the PS2. Thanks for your help in advance.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  3. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

did you burn the game at the maximum speed? try burning it at 1X since since people say it'll work. but if it's showing audio cd, then i don't think you can play that game on the ps2. i had a game that show audio cd also (King of Fighter 99).

4. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

that happens to mee with some originall gamezzz.
    i jus keep pressin' reset and then they eventually worrkkk!

5. burgman

burgman Member

thanks for your replies, I did burn at max speed, I will try it at 1x as well as different games. I'll try the reset thing as well.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

dont think theres any need to burn a cdr at 1x would suggest you try 4x or 8x

7. JJ84

JJ84 Member

Hi,
    I think with the Duo2 chip, to play psx backups, u have to do this:

"Press EJECT button to switch on the machine.
    - Insert PSX game in tray, then press and hold RESET button to switch off machine.
    - Now hold the RESET button to start up your machine. Only release the RESET button once the Blue LED light of the Eject button lights up. "

Hope that helps :)

8. burgman

burgman Member

No, I do that, in fact, the original games will run, but they can't access the memory card. Backed up PSX games just give me the red screen of death. PS2 games work fine.

9. james111

james111 Regular member

that hapened to me the origanals cant accsess the memory card and i play copied psx games all i do is put it in and restart and it workes usually if the boxs enter i restart it till it works but if that dosent work i give the cd a clean