1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backed up star trek blu-ray-need help burning back to bdr

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by dalmar66, Sep 13, 2010.

1. dalmar66

dalmar66 Member

Please someone help me . I have wasted many discs and tried many software programs with no luck. Can anyone give me a step by step guide using nero, anydvd, ashampoo 10, or nch, having trouble getting help from programs or from online panels. Please someone help!

2. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Is the video ready to go to disc? If so DL imageburn and burn the folder to disc. If files ate not ready to go to disc than what is left to be done? Are you getting any error messages? Up in the blueray backup threaad on the 1st page there is a good guide to DL. If yoyr video is right size and ifs just the bdmv folder thays the problem you can load the m2ts file into TSMUXER and create bluray disc then burn thatbdmv folder w/ imgburn.

3. dalmar66

dalmar66 Member

I have the folder star trek that contains a bunch of other folders. I have never tried burning a bdr before. I used image burn and burned the entire folder and it didnt work. can you give me step by step help ie-open exact folder to burn or do I have to do something else..give me step by step directions as if I was stupid( I rally am lol)

4. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

What doesn't work? The guide in the bluray thread gives step by step instructions. I'm sorry I'm not much help, but I don't know what the problem is. I don't have enough info. I.e, where did you get the folder from, what ripped the video, into what format. What is the file size, what size is the media? You said you wasted disc so I assume you got it burned but won't play. Your player might not like the media. You see there's no step by step solution to your problem cause we don't know what the problem is.

5. dalmar66

dalmar66 Member

I used anydvd to back it up on my hard drive. It is 36 gb in size. I am using a 50 gb dl tdk disc. From there what do I do? I burned tne bdmv folder using image burn and my sony player says cannot operate this disc. I have burned well over 50 reg dvds that play in my sony blu ray..but for some reason I am having trpuble with the blu ray. I need to know what files or folder, do I have to covert anything etc or do I just use a particular folder from the intial back up

6. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Did you change the format in imgburn to udf 2.5?

7. dalmar66

dalmar66 Member

Yes I did, but not sure I burned the right file or folder. I need to know what file or folder do I burn

8. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

You want to burn the bdmv folder. How about opening the largest m2ts file in the stteam folder in tsmuxer then select create bluray disc.burn that w/ imgburn and see if that works. Remember to change format tp udf 2.5.

9. Aldiii

Aldiii Member

Does the disc you burned play on the computer? I backed up, using (anydvdHD and Imgburn), 10 blu-rays about 3 months ago and they would only play on the computer. My Blu-Ray Player is Samsung went Samsung website got firmwear upgrade and they all play now. If there is upgrade for your player (See owners manual on your player how to install.)
    You have the Blu-ray files on the hard drive.
    Open ImgBurn 2.5.2.0 load the BDMV folder and the Certificates Folder and burn it to disc.

10. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

I agree. I thought about that but I took it that the disc didn't work at all. Hopefully they get going.

11. Aldiii

Aldiii Member

13echo4
    Yes Hopefully they get going. If those Disc he wasted were Dual Layer BD-R, thats some Buck`s.

12. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Tell me about it. Single layer is still around $15 around here. I don't buy much off the net.that's why I manually do what I can and try the files out befofe hand. You van make an ISO out od the BDMV folder and open it up in a vurtual drive to see if it works. Now this doesn't test the media compatibilty issues though.

13. Aldiii

Aldiii Member

Thank You for the info. I`ll try that ISO. NewEgg about 5 miles from my house got 10 50gb for $89.99 + tax, and free shipping. Single layers here about $2.00 to $2.50 here, on sale. Thanks again for the Info.

14. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Where do you get 25 gb bds for $2?

15. dalmar66

dalmar66 Member

I think my problem is that my discs are not compatable with my burner. How do I find out what brand will work with my burner..I bought my discs from ebay(big mistake) Thanks for all your replies and help

16. Aldiii

Aldiii Member

check out newegg.com, newegg about 5 miles from my house.