1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Backed up SW Battlefront**

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bozzak, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Bozzak

Bozzak Member

New and first post here so hope I put this in the right spot...

I backed up SW Battlefront for the PS2... It worked fine for the first time, but when I went back to use it again, the controllers started acting weird...

The D-button started to go by itself, then the L1 & L2 buttons started to do thier own thing... I swithed controller (to one that has hardly ever been used) and it wouldn't do anything... I restarted the game and got back to the Menu Screen only to have it go crazy scrolling through the selections...

I turned of the PS2 and tried 2 other games (a copy and original GT3 disc)... the copied game did the same thing and started scrolling through the Menu Screen but now none of the buttons work... The same with the GT3, none of the buttons work (and this is with both controllers and one at a time)...

I used DVD Decrypter to backup the game... Could this have done something to my PS2 to make me not be able to use it anymore??? Or is it possible that the SW Battlefront had something programmed on it, to screw up PS2's should the disc be Backed up???

Anyone else have this problem??? Any help, GREATLY appreciated...

2. MrBoney

MrBoney Member

Try cleaning the ports you plug the controllers into. I once had that on my PS1. A quick blow into the ports blew out some dust and crap and it worked fine.

I guarantee it's not Battlefront that did it.

3. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

try an orgininal disc as well. I bet it has the same problem too.

4. Bozzak

Bozzak Member

Didn't work... Anything else??? Won't even let me see what is on my Memory Card...

P.S... I have a Version 7 with a Magic 3...

Thanks...

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

but does it work with an original disc???

6. Bozzak

Bozzak Member

Nope, the Original Disc (the GT3 Disc) didn't work either...

When I turn on the PS2 to go into "Browser and the Config" when I press "X" it will take me to the screen that shows the picture of the Memory Card and when I try to see what is on it, none of the Controllers Buttons work except the one to go back to the first menu... And when I push down to go to Config, it will go down, but not back up again... Once I go into the Config Screen, it highlightes Driver and will also only let me go down...

Could the Driver have something to do with it??? :/

I have had this Playstaion for about 3 years, but I have not used it alot... Like maybe once every month, and the Second Controller even less than that, so I don't think this is an age thing... Make sense???

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005