1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up a Back Up.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by JiN.x, Aug 17, 2004.

1. JiN.x

JiN.x Member

I use DVD Shrink & Nero. I tried mkaing a duplicate copy of my Back Up using Nero but it didn't want to do it.I don't want to re-encode the entire movie just to make another copy. Since the back up has been decrypted, shouldn't I be able to make an exact copy of it using Nero?
    If anybody can answer this, that'll be GREAT!
    Thanks.

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

You should be able to use the 'copy disc' facility in Nero. Have you got the latest updates?
    What version Nero are you using?
    As an alternative use 'Dvd decrypter' in 'iso read' mode and then burn it in 'iso write' mode. As it's already a bckup it won't need compressing anyway.

3. JiN.x

JiN.x Member

Great thanks...I used the Copy Disc mode in Nero and it wouldn't want to work...I use Nero 6.
    I'll try the DVD decrypter. Thanks for the tip.

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

re-run through shrink again. This will work

5. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

You can also drag and drop the DVD files using Windows explorer. Then burn the DVD again with NERO

Matt

6. JiN.x

JiN.x Member

I re-ran it through Shrink, but it Encoded the disc again...therefore having to wait another couple hours.

Motomatt...You mean, drag and drop the DVD files into Nero Burning Rom using windows explorer instead of using Nero Internal Explorer?

Thanks guys.

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Nope.. not what i meant. I drag the entire DVD or VIDEO_TS folder to my hard drive using windows explorer. (START),(right click),(explore)...Then I open NERO and burn a DVD using the contents of the VIDEO_TS/Folder you just copied.. Sorry to confuse you.

Matt

8. nabster

nabster Member

Hi Jinx, can't see the problem. I have backed up a lot of my back ups ;) with Nero's copy disc mode. The only thing different I do to you is use DVD2one rather then DVD Shrink. I use an offical nero 6 with all the updates.

9. ispy

ispy Regular member

jiN.x
    As you already have Nero just use Nero Recode 2 to do a copy of a copy,you can even specify how many copies you want.Its really easy to use.
    ispy