1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up a back up

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by punkyngo, Apr 2, 2007.

1. punkyngo

punkyngo Member

Accidently deleted my dumped copy of Lost Planet. Now I have to redump the game with a backup copy.

Is this possible? Im getting an Error message half way as i dump it with wxRipper by the hot swap method.

I never had a problem backing up a game with the original xbox 360 game. But now im having troubles with a burned copy. Help!

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

3. punkyngo

punkyngo Member

I actually did a search mike. Sorry but im still having problems.

I was advised to do a 1 to 1 copy through nero. Still getting Disc read errors during the burning process 10 minutes into it. Can someone suggest a certain version of Nero and a tutorial, step by step, on how to make a copy of the backup. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas!

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

use any program that will make a 1 to 1 copy of a data dvd. and if your getting errors your burner may not like the media your trying to burn to. what media is it and what kind of burner is it?

5. punkyngo

punkyngo Member

I will try that once i get home, Thanks Mike.

I have a pretty cheap dual layer burner i picked up from compusa called "Mad Dog". Dont laugh lol. But it seems to do the job well for backing up original 360 games. As far as the dvd drive i use to dump games and trying to burn from the source, its a Toshiba.

Ill give it one more shot doing a 1 to 1 copy as data. Ill reply if any complications.

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Open DVD Decrypter (ImgBurn) and click mode/read/iso and it'll make an .iso of the game.
    Make your own layerbreak .dvd file if you want to reburn with cloneCD, otherwise set the layerbreak manually in IMGBurn or DVD Decrypter. Use the layerbreak of 1913760

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i can confirm 1 to 1 backup works with nero. like i made and image of it and then i burn't it. it might be the media or the burner!

edit: i have don it with backups lots of time before!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  8. punkyngo

punkyngo Member

I appreciate all the help guys. But i tried Nero, and this is how my error looks.

1. Opening Nero, selecting data, clicking on COPY DVD

[​IMG]

2. Selecting my source and speed. Toshiba is the DvD drive, MAD DOG is the dual layer burner.

[​IMG]

3. BAM BINGO. ERROR DISC FAILED

[​IMG]

Going to try IMGburn now to see if i have better luck with that method. If you guys notice anything I am doing wrong above, please correct and suggest. Thank you so much fellas!

9. DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s Member

Try reading the disk with your burner instead.

10. punkyngo

punkyngo Member

Yep. I think thats it Dodge.

I popped in the burnt back up in my Burner. Re-dumped the Iso and Mds. and now its burning on the blank dvd. I hope this works (crosses fingers)

11. punkyngo

punkyngo Member

IMGburn worked like a charm! thanks to PS2Menance and everyone for the help. thanks fellas!!