1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up a couple games. HOW?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by GeoHound, Mar 11, 2003.

1. GeoHound

GeoHound Member

Hi guys I just read through the postings and I was just wondering when I make this back up copy of AoM would that LG burner read the cd? Oh and I like to say thanx for all the help... You both made it more clear for me to understand. Now I know where to turn when I have other questions

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

GeoHound,
    You are good to go using your LG burner to backup Age Of Mythology.

Shoey

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

aldaco12,
    Warcraft 3 - 1.05 patch SecuRom New v-4.84.60.5945
    This tells me that one would have to use BlindWrote or CloneCD/TwinPeak to backup the "original" cd. The SecuROM 4.8x mess starts at version 4.8.3.11.0005. If you, or anyone you know owns a legal copy and patched to WarCraft 3 1.05(backup cd), did their "original" backup still work?

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2003
  4. GeoHound

GeoHound Member

Hey Shoey, I used Alcohol 120% to try to make a back up of my Age of Mythology and when I try to use the back up it says it can't locate the cd. what am I doing wrong? The size and everything is okay. But it just won't play. Help!!!!

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

GeoHound,
    Your post is cunfusing Geo. You first say I tried to make a backup using Alcohol 120% then you say I try to use the backup but it won't play? Did you make a backup or not? if you did then you need to tick in emulation ignore media type and bad sector.

Shoey

6. GeoHound

GeoHound Member

sorry about that but yeah you knew what I meant. I made the back-up and it wouldn't work when I put it in. how do you tick emulation and all that?

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Right click the red Alcohol 120 running in system tray)>emulation options>tick ignore media type and bad sectors emulation. LEAVE Alcohol 120 running in system tray and insert your backup in your BURNER, not dvd\cd-rom drive and the backup should play.

Shoey

8. GeoHound

GeoHound Member

hey shoey is there a way to have a perfect backup without having to emulate it? or use another program to play it?

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Consider the LiteON LTR52x or the MemorexMAX52x for now. Good about mostLG burners, most recent models can backup Safedisc 2.8.x& SecuROM 4.8.x. Bad about most recent LG burners= can't read ATIP (Safedisc 2.8.x). So in short, if you ONLY have an LG recent model on your pc (no other rom), then you need emulation for (Safedisc 2.8.x)=sucks big time!< My perspective

Shoey