1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up a damaged disc?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sbeeze, Mar 30, 2004.

1. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

i'm having trouble backing up a disc with a few scratches on it. i was just wondering if there was any software or tricks i could use that may help me out?

2. account

account Guest

rent the game since you already own the game it is not illegal to back it up

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

3. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

i thought of that already but i can't find anyone who is renting it. its silent hill 2 so its pretty old

4. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Its possible that by using one of those Skip Doctor devices you can recover your original disc. But if their serious scratches then you might just have to rent it.

5. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

theres nobody in this city with it for rent but i'm gonna check the next city over hopefully somone will have it cause this is one of my favourite games.

6. humpy

humpy Member

Try polishing the disc with toothpaste then washing it off.

7. account

account Guest

toothpaste? would that work? and where did you hear that?

8. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

i tired it but i think i did it wrong, so i'll try again, i also have eye glass polish that i'm going to buff it with. here hoping

9. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

no good still craps out with a read error at 903mb's
    :(
    if i dump it using ignore read errors the game will screw up when its burned won't it? also is there a way i can dump it file by file onto the hard drive and make the iso, that way i can pinpoint the errored files?

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well if you cant back it up... repair it and play on the ps2 thas all i can say... btw with rents dont try that either the chance youl get the same scrached game is pretty high...

11. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

i know i work for rogers video and games go deffective in a matter of weeks. i think i'll see if my stores disc repair machine works. if that doesn't work then i'm just gonna go buy a new copy.

12. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

or you can call sony to send a new fresh copy its free when you have for 30 days... but you will have to pay for it not a full price tho aobut 20 or so...