1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up a movie

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Bazza182, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Bazza182

Bazza182 Guest

is there a way of backing up a movie so that it will play on a standard dvd player?

i have fabdvd and used its wizzard to copy it to a dvd - r 4.7gb, and burnt it with roxio easy dvd copy.

it will load to the menu screen on my reagon free dvd player, then you select something from the menu and the player locks up, i can play it fine from my computer.

what am i doing wrong? or can you recomend some sofware that is fool proof for me as i must be doing something wrong

thanks for your time

2. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

Hi the best software to use in this case is dvd shrink to back-up the movie onto your hard drive and than use dvd decrypter to get it from your HD and burn it to a dvd-r or dvd+ that should be all the things you need that will play the dvds on a regular dvd player you can look up differnt forums on how to use it it is pretty simple though! NOTE: when you copy a dvd run it at a low speed when you copy it!! dont use anything higher than 4x i use 2.4x and it works good