1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up and playing ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sjg1999xp, Sep 8, 2004.

1. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

I was just wondering, how I could backup my games and what is the difference of putting them on a blank dvd or blank cd. Also, is there anykind of adapters out there that you can hook up to the ps2 to play these burned games, external preferrably. Thanks, Steve

2. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

Firstly most PS2 games are on a DVD as the games will not fit onto a normal CDR. Secondly you would need either a mod chip or a disk such as Swap Magic 3 which enables you to swap disks after booting, you will need to remove the ps2 cover or get a flip lid cover.

Goodluck

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  3. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Thanks, so I can use what kind od media -r or +r and what size media? Also, can I use dvd shrink or is there a specific program that I need and where would I get a mod chip or a disk such as Swap Magic 3 or get a flip lid cover? Thanks again

4. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

sjg,
    Before you post a thread, make sure you try to search for your question. There are many, many, many posts regarding your question.

Check out this thread. It is very informative for newbies.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/69274

5. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Thanks, alot of good info here, I must of overlooked that thread :)