1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Animal Crossing

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jsbarone, May 29, 2007.

1. jsbarone

jsbarone Member

Hey,

I've got a Wii and I'm trying to play my backup of Animal Crossing. It's not working---it reads the disc, but just sits there at a black screen when I start it. I've got a Wiikey 1.2 installed on my Wii. I burned the Pal version of Animal Crossing, but I do have Region Free enabled so I'm not sure what's up.

Can any of you help?

2. zmitha

zmitha Member

Hi mate

I assume your Wii is modded.
    What media are you using? What speed you burning at? What software you using to create the backup.

I had this issue with my backups and i resolved it by using Verbatim media and writing at 8x.

What region is the backup your trying to play and what region is your Wii?

There may be an issue with the two regions conflicting.

Hope this helps

3. jsbarone

jsbarone Member

I've burned it on my Verbatim 8x Media at 2x 4x and Auto in ImgBurn. I've burned it three times now---I'm thinking it's probably just the Pal ISO.

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

It could be that, or it can be the media you are using! Each Wii is picky on what kind of media to use! Like my Wii, it works really well with TDK DVD+R's right now, and you just got to find which Media works for you!

5. jsbarone

jsbarone Member

Well,

I've backed up about 20 wii and gamecube games now, all on the same media and they all work fine *except* for animal crossing. I'm really thinking it's just the ISO, but I was hoping it wasn't because it's the only one I can get.