1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by halo13, Feb 9, 2005.

1. halo13

halo13 Regular member

Im having a hard time backing up my backups. I've noticed alot of scraches on my backup and Im trying to back it up but everytime i keep getting read errors from dvd decrypter and alcohol. Is there a special way to back up backups or did i do something wrong when i first burned them?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

your disc is either too scratched or you used crappy media.

3. phuc

phuc Guest

true which brand are you using?

4. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Yeah, Sly's right. As for special methods : No, you back up your backups the same way you copied the originals. In fact, if you made a rip for one of them, it'll be easier the second time around, seeing as you won't have to re-rip.

So, yeah, Alcohol or DVD Decrypter just like you did in the first place will do the job needed.

If your backups are SO scratched up that you can't even read them, then you need to either re-backup the originals, or you need to restore the bad discs.

From personal experience, the liquids (solutions) for fixing CDs and DVDs just don't work. Tbey waste your time and your money. Yeah, it may be fairly cheap, but it's not going to work. If you really, TRULY, need to repair your discs, you should buy a Game Dr. Those things work like a charm.

They're expensive, but those are the ultimate solution to fixing your discs (short of taking it to a professional restoration service)

5. halo13

halo13 Regular member

ok, thats what I thought. My friend gave me crapy media and they are pretty scrached up. Thanks guys.