1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Balinese\Indonesian Bootleg DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by EvilCam, Jan 31, 2005.

1. EvilCam

EvilCam Guest

Hi All, Need some help with this one...have been making backup's for a while now with no probs, but came into possession of some DVD's from o/s namly Hong Kong/Phillipines (You know the $2 versions) Using DVD Shrink and AnyDVD + DVD for free, place DVD in Drive and Shrink refuses to acknowledge there is even a disc there and just says 'No Disc', plus not even Power DVD 5 will play the disc, yet it will play in a standard DVD player?? any thoughts on how I can back these up?

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

bootleggers generally arent going to use the best media. standalones are less picky than computer drives

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Try DVD Decrypter. If it can't do the job then you are out of luck. I think there is a setting in Decrypter under I/O, check the box that says ignor read errors. It may work but its hard to say how the quality will come out.

Jerry

4. EvilCam

EvilCam Guest

Thanks you guys, will give it a go, they are dodgy ones from overseas. You are right about the media, they are a funky gold colour and you can see right thru them if you hold them up to the light!!!!