1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up bought vhs movies onto dvds

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by angelz, Apr 4, 2005.

1. angelz

angelz Member

hello all you geniuses - less than genius here needs your help.

i bought a liteon dvd recorder but still can't record. when i try the recording stops after just a few seconds and the message "content protected" appears.

i've tried placing the play on pause and then hitting record but it didn't work.

please tell me exactly what piece of equipment i need to/can buy at fry's electronics to circumvent this protection.

will this set up work on ALL kinds of protections? or are they all pretty much the same? i ask because some of these movies are very, very old kids fairy tale movies - not sure macrovision even existed back then.

i'm a girl. and i'm an artist on top of all. meaning - lacking any and all engineering-type info processing skills.

keep it simple for me please !

will love you guys forever if you can help me do this!

blessings,
    angel

2. Redreaper

Redreaper Member

3. bigmac94

bigmac94 Member

Hello..
    "i bought a liteon dvd recorder but still can't record. when i try the recording stops after just a few seconds and the message "content protected" appears. "

You Did Not Say If A Hard Drive Was Available On Your Recorder & If It Is Try Putting All Content On The Hard Drive & From The Recorders Hard Drive Make Your DVD.
    Its Worked For Me.

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

5. pfh

pfh Guest

6. permatex

permatex Regular member

to angelz-what set up are you using to convert vhs tapes to dvd? type capture card and program.

7. pfh

pfh Guest