1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up castlevania, silent hill 4, others

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ajarina, Mar 12, 2005.

1. ajarina

ajarina Member

i have a v12 slim ps2 (just bought it over christmas, so no lens problems), flip top, sm v3.3, burn with a Samsung 16X Model TS-H552B and use ritek g05 media at 2x or 2.4x (games i burned with 1x would barely load, movies would skip like crazy). i use dvd decrypter to read images and alcohol 120% to burn. i have read the thread regarding changing alcohols burning specs to get good burns, so please no advice about that (i dont mean that to sound rude, im just giving you guys a good idea about what i have done and not done :)).

anyway, i recently backed up castlevania lament of innocence and silent hill 4. i cant remember if i tried them immediately after i burned them, but castlevanias movies skip horribly and so do silent hill's (in addition to loading taking forever with silent hill). could anyone give me advice on fixing this problem? i think it could be that they are just bad burns (maybe 4x will work better? everything i heard about 4x giving trouble has proven false).

does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong? thanks so much for any and every piece of info to help :)

2. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

try different media, even though ritek works for many many ppl, it didn't work for me

3. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Why the hell would you use DVD Decrypter to read the images and another program to burn them, when DVD Decrypter does both?

4. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

i do it too, read with decrypter and write with alcohol, this combination works great

5. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

That's so weird, I have never heard of that before... But I guess there is a first for everything. Come to think of it though, only Alcohol 120% will let me burn on my CD burner, no other program works. But I use Nero for burning everything on my DVD burner. I try to avoid DVD Decrypter as much as possible cause I just haven't had much luck burning workable backups with it.

6. ajarina

ajarina Member

anyone have any ideas other than bad media? ive created backups of other games that work fine.

7. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

What kind of computer do you have. What processer? I think it is your media. I burnt castlevanile on a TDK media worked fine.

8. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Hey you could go to freewebs.com/ps2backups and buy a backup of castlevanile for only 6.00 mad cheap.