1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up CD Games as DVD Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by riddler39, Apr 30, 2005.

1. riddler39

riddler39 Member

As most original PS2 owners, the devastating "Disc Read Error" has affect my CD based games. I am willing to buy a solderless mod-chip, if the following concept will work. Ripping CD based games, burning them onto DVD-R discs then using swap magic to play them. Does this work? What type of software is involved? Will a solderless mod-chip, like swap magic, work? Any comments are recomended.

2. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Don't think it is possible...It might be, but what would I know! Oh and the only thing you need to do to play CD based games again realign your laser lens...Open your PS2 up and look at the little white gear thing on top in the back..Mark its original position and then move it a notch everytime until it reads them again! Perfecto- Good luck

3. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

and btw you don't need to back up CD based games on DVDR when they will burn on CDR and play just like original

4. riddler39

riddler39 Member

no CD games don't work on my PS2. DVD games do work, so by burning the files from a CD game to a DVD, I'm hopin the game will work.