1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Computer Games with Copy Protection

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by preynolds, Nov 13, 2002.

1. preynolds

preynolds Member

I recently bought a copy of Age of Mythology for my PC. After I burned my copy..then tried to run the game.. it asks me to insert the original cd #1 into my cd drive. It does not accept my burned copy. Is there a software I can use to rip the cd with copy protection so I can use the burned copy instead of my original??

2. malum

malum Regular member

Use Clone CD or Blind Write.

However if your CD writer doesn't support sub channel reading (amoung other things) it isn't going to work The clone CD site has a list of CD writers and their capabilities.

It's easier to get a NO CD patch and use that instead

3. killalot

killalot Active member

did u try to play your backup in your cdrw drive ? If yes thats why it said please insert cd1 becus when you put any disk in your cdrw drive it scans the disk 2 see if its a blank cdr or if it is a cdr thats why the game doesn"t play stick the game in your dvd player or cdrom if you aint got another cdrom get clone and run the clone cd tray icon ok.......

4. preynolds

preynolds Member

thanks guys... clone cd worked fine.