1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up copied original Xbox 1 games!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xHaydenx, Jul 12, 2007.

1. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

I've got a Hitachi drive in my 360. I've got heaps of old original Xbox games, though none of them are originals.

Is there a way to burn these copied Xbox 1 games to a Dual Layer DVD and play them on the 360?

Also, I bought some Dual layers, but they were unlabeled, so i don't know who makes them. When I put one into DVD decrypter, I got this code:

CMC MAG-D01-00

I looked it up on the net and saw Ritek, so does that mean they make them?

cheers and thanks.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  2. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

3. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Come on, guys. I know someone knows the answers!

4. killalot

killalot Active member

Your Xbox 360 needs to be flashed to play backup disks first then you need to check which games you intend to backup are on the compatible list for you Xbox 360 not all Xbox games play on the 360 if it will play on the 360 just use image burn to copy the game go Xbox website to check the list Google it if you don’t know the web address also I think you need to get a update for the 360 which you burn to a cdr get it from the same site

5. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

as far as i know there is know way to make your xbox one backups work on your 360. you must use a orig xbox one game to make a xtreme copy.

6. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Aw, shucks, that sucks.

Shouldn't there be a way, as these copies were made from originals in the first instance anyway; ergo: they should contain the exact same data? Otherwise, they shouldn't be called 'copies', right? Rather they be called, 'inaccurate copies that work alike originals really but aren't'.

Is there not some nifty little way I could re-compose the backup after ripping it to the HD of my old Xbox, and then burn it to a Dual Layer, adding in the layer breaks and what not for it to work on the 360?

7. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

if you can figure or find a way let me know, i have over 300 xbox copies and i would love to get the b/c games on my 360.

8. killalot

killalot Active member

9. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Damn, I don't have the right samsung Burner to do it.

10. Obike

Obike Member

You could alway buy a new xbox 1 they are like £40 and softmod it that would do the job

11. killalot

killalot Active member

You can still do it with the Hitachi you just need to put them on a dual layer disk not a single layer disk

12. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Ah, I understand that, but do I need a certain burner on my PC or can I use any type?

13. killalot

killalot Active member

You can use any burner to burn the game after you have copied the game to your pc its how you get the game on your pc if you get the Samsung drive which is only a DVD rom reader and flash it with the kreon firmware like I have got it’s a 2 click and job done if you haven’t got the Samsung you have to connect the Xbox 360 DVD rom to your pc and do the hot swap method if you read the threads on how to back up Xbox 360 games your see what I mean

14. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

just remember it is required to have a orig. xbox 1 game to make the backup work, you cant make it work with a copy, so like i said the xbox one copies you have will only work in a xbox one.
    the guides these guys are talking about require a orig. game to start with.

15. killalot

killalot Active member

you can do it with a copy as well been done.

16. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Those dvd dl's are made by CMC Magnetics for Ritek. CMC media is one of the crappiest medias you can buy. Just Google CMC media, or jump over to the dvd forum, and you'll see what I mean.

Crappy media may burn and play in your 360. But just because it works, that doesn't mean it's fine to use it. Bad media uses cheap dye to burn to. This dye breaks down alot quicker than the dye used in quality media. Once this starts, the 360's laser has to work harder to read the disc. The harder the laser works, the quicker the laser dies. The disc will also become unreadable alot quicker due to the dye breaking down. So, you'll need to reburn the disc again. I've had PS2 games burnt on dvd-r's last less than a month. Same with movies.

In the long run you end up spending more to keep your games/movies on cheap media than if you would have just spent the little extra on quality media.

As for Xbox 1 games... they also contain security sectors, just like the 360 games. But these security sectors weren't needed for them to play in an original Xbox, so some of the methods used to rip Xbox games didn't include getting the ss. But, now that you want to play them on your 360, you will need the ss. Also, the default.xbe file must be unmodified.

So it depends on how you ripped the originals.