1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Copy Protected DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kanuck400, Sep 25, 2004.

1. kanuck400

kanuck400 Member

Hello everyone, as you can tell i'm new to these forums and I am also new to burning DVDs. I recently bought an LG double layer 12x dvd burner and some blank DVD +Rs.

One of the things I had hoped to do was backup some of my dvds such as lord of the rings, etc. Anyways, I noticed that the burner came with nero express, but when I tried to copy a dvd, it said it was copyprotected. I did a search for programs that could actually do this and I found 1click dvd copy, and it said in order to do this I would have to download a program called DVD43 Free which let 1click dvd copy burn copyprotected dvds. I did so and the combination of these programs burned a few dvd's perfectly fine. Anyways, the problem is that 1click dvd copy was a trial version (3 copies and it expires).

I was wondering if there are any decrypting programs similar to DVD43 Free for Nero (to let it burn copy protected DVDs).

I want to make actual disc copies of my dvds, not just put them on my hardrive. I also want to copy DIRECTLY FROM BURNER TO BURNER, not save them to my hardrive and burn them again.

Thanks everyone,

Aaron

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

If you go to this URL:-

http://www.dvd43.com/

You will get the DVD43 1.43 the FREE version.

Pay attention to their warning -- that says :-

""BEWARE: There is another version of DVD43 in circulation (ver 2) that is NOT FREE and expires after 30 days - it stops working and points you to a website to buy a third party product. If you have Version 2, you can uninstall it using your Windows Control Panel. Select "Add or Remove Programs". [bold]Finally, remove all instances of DVD43 in your registry by searching for DVD43.[/bold]""

Good Luck in your burning !
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2004
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Let's try to post in the correct forum next time shall we? Thread moved.

If there's any sort of compression to be done it's not possible.

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

You could try usind DVD Shrink instead of 1clickcopydvd. Shrink will crack the copy protection and compress the movie to fit onto a single layer blank DVDR. After that you can burn with nero.
    As Nephilim said, unless your blanks are dual layer ($10 each last time I heard)) then you'll need to have a folder on your HD for shrink to work in. It's really not that big of a hassle. Just empty it out each time.
    You can find the software here(it's free)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm
    You'll find a guide for using it here if you choose to use it.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Presario..Athlon 2.16Ghz..512MB RAM..140G HD..HP 300n[/small]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004