1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BACKING UP DADDY DAY CARE

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ALOJR, Sep 28, 2003.

1. ALOJR

ALOJR Member

I HAVE BACKED UP ABOUT 200 DVD. I HAVE USED BOTH DVD SHRINK AND DVD DECRYPTER SUCCESSFULY. WHEN I TRIED TO BACK UP DADDY DAY CARE NEITHER PROGRAM UNLOCK ALL THE FILES. IN OTHER WORDS I WAS NOT ABLE TO PROCEED. IT WOULD NOT EVEN FINISH ANALIZING THE DISC WITH DVD SHRINK. HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER COME ACROSS A DVD THAT COULD NOT BE COPIED. 99 PERCENT OF THE TIME IT WOULD NOT EVEN START ANALIZING THE DISC. IT STATED THAT IT COULD NOT FIND THE FILE OR COULD NOT OPEN IT.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Firstly you are Breaking the Rules By Posting in all Caps...I"m thinking either the DVD is Damaged or has too many Bad scratches or you need to update your aspi Driver....Have you ever Tried Backing up a DVD Manually instead of useing those One Button Programs??? Doing it Manually I can Get 2 Full 1.5 hour Movies on a DVD-R without any Noticeable Quality loss and I can Back up 4 Full movies to a DVD-R with High SVCD Quality ...This is even with the Original AC3 audio and the Original Menu"s and even adding Special Features If I want But Most special features aren"t worth watching..If you are interested I can try to explain how it is Done.......cheers

3. ALOJR

ALOJR Member

I didn't know there any rules about posting in all caps. Excuse me. the disc was new, I even took it back and exchange it for another one. I received the same results.

4. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

I have had that problem once, where DVDShrink wouln't analyze, I think I got around it by using DVD Decrypter, and making sure to only select the main movie vobs and not the navigation ifos, ripping them then opening with DVDShrink to recreate the navigation files, I think this was how I got around it..

5. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

You can try SmartRipper

sirmugen

6. joblow

joblow Guest

I had backed up this movie with no problems at all. I used DVD Decrypter and DVD shrink 3.0 beta.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

did you unlock film/drive by running in powerdvd for 5 mins or 1o mins?

Thx...

8. ALOJR

ALOJR Member

DVD Decrypter would get up to about 98 percent complete and would not decrypt the rest. That left about ten files missing. Now that I stated that, I then tried to take the main movies vob's as you suggested using DVD shrink and when I tried to burn to disc Nero cancelled out each time. No, I didn't play the movie for ten minutes first using Power DVD. How would that unlock the disc? I would have to take the DVD back out to tried again.

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you play the disc to unlock certain protections rce or css then the disc can be ripped from the same drive! as the hardware or software that blocks coping to HD needs to be taken off...

or you get half ripped dvd then crash error

Thx...

also i know someone who had simarlar and they copy and pasted the dvd to hd first! then ripped from there to get it!

must unlock drive first though !!!!!

Thx...

EDIT:

quick thought is your drive being ripped from an RPC1 no region code? or is the disc from a different place ie: you live in region 1 code area and the disc being ripped is region 3 ?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2003
  10. Dameat

Dameat Member

I used CloneDVD and Anydvd and it did it complete and then I copyed the dvd-r i used with Roxio 6.0 and it made a complete dup. Enjoy

11. koola

koola Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2003