1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing-up Dark Cloud

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Wockeh, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Wockeh

Wockeh Member

Hey there. I'm trying to back up my copy of Dark Cloud because I just recently lost one of my PS2 games and I'm afraid I'll lose this one. I want to back it up and make it available for play on my computer.

Help?

2. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

If you want to play the game on your computer then you will need a PS2 Emulator. Good luck finding one that works well with commercial games though. :)

3. Wockeh

Wockeh Member

That's my problem. I don't know how to get the information from my game to my computer and then romificate it. I'm not much of a techie.

4. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

Well, considering there really aren't any PS2 emulators that are working there is no need to try to emulate it. If you are asking about making a back-up DVDr of it, well that's a different story.

However, you will either need a modchip, Hard Drive w/ HDAdvance/HDLoader, or some other booting method in order to play it on your PS2.

With DVD Decrypter, pop in your disc, go to Mode>ISO>Read and press the lil' button to rip it. It will rip to your puter.
    to burn it it's Mode>ISO>Write. Select the MDS file that was created from ripping and then press the button to burn it.

Very easy, and DVD Decrypter is free.

5. Wockeh

Wockeh Member

There are four PS2 emulators at emulator-zone.com :p

6. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

do any of them work with commercial games though? According to Zophar's website there really aren't any that have high percentages of commercial games that they play.

7. Wockeh

Wockeh Member

Bah...I don't know.

I read an article in Popular Science on backing up and playing your console games on your computer. It suggested DVD Wizard Pro and an emulator from Emulator-Zone