1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up DMC3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by elstrider, Apr 22, 2005.

1. elstrider

elstrider Guest

I'm about to attempt my first PS2 DVD backup. Devil May Cry 3. I've used DVD Decrypter to make an .iso on my hard drive and I'm not completely sure what I do now. I've gathered that Nero is probably the best option for burning .iso files, and I have several blank Vertabim 4.7GB DVD+R discs. I'd like to know if there's any specific settings I should change before I burn the .iso file in nero, and if this is a wise choice for a blank DVD+R to burn it to. And additionally, is DMC3 one of those games that needs to be patched before being backed up? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. IMM

IMM Member

use DVD Decrypter to write your blank dvd too. no settings need to be changed just burn the iso image you have created. I burn mine at 4x and have np's at all but some might recommend burning at 1x/2x :) i would also get some ritek -r media, had no problems with them

good luck :)

3. craig777

craig777 Member

Devil may cry 3 can be backed up as a 1-1 copy using nero.

And i know it plays fine as my son has hammered the game since doing it.

4. elstrider

elstrider Guest

I burnt a copy at 2.4x [lowest speed my burner will go] with DVD decrypter. I booted my PS2 up with swap magic 3.6 and used the slide card to open the tray and put my Devil May Cry 3 backup copy in to test it.

After hitting X to boot, the screen flashes once, like it does when I put a PS2 game in right before the white text appears that says "PlayStation 2". After the flash, I can hear the disc spinning faster but it hangs at the black screen.

I tried burning a copy with Nero at 4x on a FUJIFILM 8x DVD+R and after trying to boot it a few times it worked, but the load times are insanely long.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2005
  5. craig777

craig777 Member

Have you tried burning it 1-1 on a -R disc.

Burning at 4x is fine (i burn my games including DMC3 at 4x)
    I dont think the playstation 2 likes +R discs that much.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  6. elstrider

elstrider Guest

I'm going to go out later and pick up a pack of -R discs. What is 1-1 burning?

7. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

Simple means you can do a sraight copy no other methods needed, i would burn at the max the media can handle burning at a lower speed has never imapcted anything for me ever.

8. craig777

craig777 Member

As they said just open nero and select dvd copy,once its read it put in your blank and let it burn.

All done.

9. elstrider

elstrider Guest

I burnt another copy to a Vertabim DVD-R and it works perfectly. I've made backup copies of several other games, as well.

Thanks for the help. I don't have to worry about my games getting scratched up now :D