1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up double sided discs?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pumpanani, Mar 16, 2005.

1. pumpanani

pumpanani Member

I have a double sided dvd that i would like to backup but i'm not sure how i would go about copying the disc so that everything fits on an ordinary 4.7gb disc.

I am very familiar with dvd shrink etc but have never backed up one of these discs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

See the link in my signature???
    I have a guide there showing you how to make that back up its called "DVD10 to DVD5? Heres your guide" All you need is Shrink and Decrypter :)

3. pumpanani

pumpanani Member

only problem is now i have a few seconds of just a black screen where the 2 movie files put together. How do you get rid of that?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

[​IMG]

In other words before you combine the two you will probablly have to reautor each side seperatly in Shrink and set the end frame on the 1st side or the start frame on the second side to get rid of the black.. :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  5. pumpanani

pumpanani Member

I've tried this but there is still a pause in playback while the movie files change over. Is there not a way of joining the two sides together?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you did that the only thing I can think of is that your player must pause for a few seconds before switching to the next title. I have done a number of DVDs with that method and do not have the blank screen you are refering to. There are a number of programs out there that will allow you to combine these disks, but there is a bit more envolved. You can take a look at the guides and sofware sections here on AD for more info.. Good luck :)