1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up dv d.

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dv13, May 7, 2003.

1. dv13

dv13 Guest

OK, I don't want to rip anything...

All I want to do is make 1:1 exact backups without any compression or reencoding, the home movie dvd's I have created and burned to dvd-r. What software out there will do this...
    Again, all I want is to copy a home dvd-r to another as a backup....like we used to do with 3.5's..making copies of them...any ideas? I know about dvd decriptor, but would like something that will burn it from dvd rom to the burner disk, like we could do with nero and others on cd's..thanks..t

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If you have DVD-RW & DVD-Rom drives then just use Nero...DVD > Copy a DVD > Select Read Drive & tick the 'On-The-Fly' button...
    I suggest to set burn speed @X1 (just to make sure,you can of course experiment with X2 after initial success)
    If you do not have read & write DVD drives then I believe there is an option to save image & then write!!

You will definitely not need an unencrypter/ripper such as DVD Decrypter OR Smartripper as they are home movies & do not need such treatment.

Peace
    HERB

P.S. I use Nero Burning Rom 5.5.10.20 but I still had success continually with Nero 5.5.9.9

Last edited: May 13, 2003