1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up dvd pc games.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by riaz, Mar 18, 2004.

1. riaz

riaz Guest

hello there.
    i bought deus ex IW last week. the game is in dvd format. i also have silent hill 3 on dvd.
    i have tried to backup both theis games using alcohol 120%, dvd decrypter, blindwrite 5 and nero 6 but the image does not work.
    When i scan deus ex with clony xxl it comes up with securom new but when i select my dvd drive in alcohol 120% the drop down menu for copy protection is not there, yet it is there for my cd burner.
    Can anyone help me make a working backup of my dvd pc games.
    my dvd burner is a pioneer 106.

2. Shad

Shad Regular member

Sorry cant help there. Dont know much about dvd.

3. imastew1

imastew1 Guest

yeah alcohol 120% is my life!!! lol
    ok...first off goto emulation on the side bar of alcohol...next make sure only "ignore media type" is checked, under |"extra emulation" nothing is checked...click ok
    now first of all to make a perfect 1 for 1 backup youll need a burner that writes in "raw" mode...plextor or "lite on" are the 2 best...im a lite on fan...cheaper with same performance..anyways if you dont then all you can do is make a perfect image on you hard drive which you can then mount just like a cd...

so choose either copy wizard or image wizard..for your data type select customize check all boxes..next...choose location etc...the go for it...
    i made a perfect backup of my store bought copy doing this..most important is a optical drive that can read and write in raw mode.
    good luck

4. riaz

riaz Guest

are you talking about a dvd or cd-rom image.
    its the dvd that is the problem.
    thanks for the help though.