1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by angelo3, Sep 4, 2004.

1. angelo3

angelo3 Member

hi everyone.
    i've been wanting to back up this dvd i have onto a blank dvd disc i bought from a store. but when i use nero to 'copy cd' it comes up with some kind of an error. i think maybe it has something to do with copyright protection or something? yes, no?
    if so how can i overcome this problem?
    thanks so much to all who reply.
    angelo

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi angelo3, You are right, Nero can't decrypt a store bought original. You need to download DVDShrink and Decrypter off the software tab at the top of the page. Then use the guide tab to learn how to use them. If you don't understand something there come on back with the question.
    Both downloads are free. Use a RW blank as a test disc until you get the process down right.
    Jerry
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  3. angelo3

angelo3 Member

so just those 2 programs?

i thought i could just use dvdshrink...no need for decrypter but OK thanks alot.

could u also tell me which guide to read? i am unsure of which one in the guides list to read. plz help thanks.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVDShrink doesn't have a burning engine, so you have to use either Nero or Decrytper to do the actual burnback.
    Here is a guide to start with.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm
    Shrink will rip to your HD, decrypt the movie and compress a dvd 9 dual layer disc to fit a single layer dvd 5 disc. Then burn back to your blank with either Nero or Decrypter. In the Shrink settings there is a box to check for the program you choose.

Jerry

5. angelo3

angelo3 Member

um problem. this dvd doesnt even have copyright protection! it says so in dvd decrypter.

so whats this error in nero when i copy dvd?

the error says 'write error' 'could not end start of disc-at-once' 'burn process failed'.

what is with this? it cant be cozza copyright coz decrytper says this dvd dun have copyright.

help!

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Angelo,

I would need to see the Nero log file from the failed write attempt to be able to tell you what could be the issue. If you do post the log file, be sure to edit out your serial key first.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA