1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up DVD's and Component Video/Sound

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by LR25, Feb 23, 2005.

1. LR25

LR25 Member

Hi everyone,

When backing up and skrinking your home dvd's (DVD Decryptor and Nero or DVD Shrink) do you lose the benefits of featuers like Component Video/Sound which some DVD players and TV's are setup for?

Thanks in advance

LR

2. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

even if you compress it to 50%, I can almost gaurantee that you won't notice a difference in video quality. 5.1 digital surround stays intact; no worries there:)

3. LR25

LR25 Member

So what you're saying is, if I were to run a backed up DVD on a system with Component Video (my current setup does not have this yet) I would still get pretty much the same benefits that I would get running an original DVD on a Component Video setup.

Thanks for your response.

4. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

I don't have component video, but I don't know why it would cause you to lose the benefits, because even though the video's compressed the quality is still excellent and the audio isn't compressed at all so there would be no problems with the audio. As far as any more in depth questions about the component video thing, I can't answer because I don't have it, but my point is that even if there was a quality loss with component video I can gaurantee you wouldn't notice it. Because technically when you're compress a dvd you lower the video quality a lot, but it's not enough for your eyes to notice.

5. LR25

LR25 Member

Thanks for your info.

6. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

no problem:)