1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up Enter the Matrix

Discussion in 'PS2' started by b7349, Sep 20, 2003.

1. b7349

b7349 Member

I have a NEC 1300A dvd burner. I tried backing up this game twice using Nero 5.51050 Enterprise Edition with dvd-r's. It said the burn was successful but when I tried it in my PS2, the game worked but I didn't have any sound. I already backed up some other dvd games using Nero and they worked fine. I also tried burning it with Alcohol 120% v1.4.6.711 but I kept getting a disc dumping error. What does that mean? How do I back up this game? Thank in advance.

2. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

i had troubles with that game too.

but i didn't get a "no sound" error, i just got really really skippy sound.

like on the first level, it said "welco we wel welcom to t to the post to the post the post post off offfice"

so then i copied it again onto a different brand of DVD-R and it works fine now.

what DVD-R brand are you using????

the skipping brand that i had problems with was Vivastar........the one that worked for me was Maxwell.......they're good, and not too expensive (you can get 5 for £15 in argos, with cases)

3. b7349

b7349 Member

I used Memorex brand. That's the only brand the stores here had.

What program did you use?

4. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

for the first one that didn't work i used prassi primo.......but then for the second i switched to DVD decrypter in ISO Read/ISO Write Mode.

actualy, maybe that's why it worked, who knows.

anyways, DVD decrypter is an excellent program for copying (sorry, "backing up") DVD games and Movies (it even removes DVD movie encryption which would otherwise prevent the copies from working properly.

i stringly reccommend this program, especially for DVD movies.

i copied a massive 3 hour movie (LOTR:TTT), in FILE MODE, then used DVD2One to fit it onto a DVD-R, and it looks brilliant. almost indistinguishable from the original.

i find it's easy to get a great picture and sound if you remove some of the Audio options........for example, i have surround sound speakers, so i chose to remove the bormal stereo audio from my DVD.........this will help preserve picture quality, as it doesn't have to compress the video so much.

5. b7349

b7349 Member

Thanks for the info. I'll try that program.