1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up game, file too large

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fricck, Apr 2, 2005.

1. fricck

fricck Member

note:
    Hi guys, I apologize if this is a repost, but I did a search for UT2004, Unreal Tournament 2004, and file too large...still could not find just what I am looking for. But If I missed the correct forum, please just direct me there.

Anyways, I am trying to back up Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor's Choice Edition (since my daughter likes to write on my games with sharpie markers =). The problem that i am having is that the game is 1 DVD-5.3GB and my DVD media is only 4.7GB. Is there any way to shrink the game just a bit? I tried DVD shrink, but it is for movies only I guess. I have HP record now, Nero, Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter, and DVD shrink. I don't mind getting other programs though if needed. Thanks in advance.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

you need a dual layer disk.

3. hursty

hursty Active member

this is the wrong forum,but anyways

if we are talking ps2,dual layer disc's dont work on modded ps2's

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

hursty,

I'm assuming fricck is talking about the PC version. I have the UT2004 Editor's choice and it's the dvd version.

5. hursty

hursty Active member

ok,no probs

6. fricck

fricck Member

This is bad news my friends. Dual layer is out of my capabilities. I am talking about the PC version. If I'd have known it was dual layer, I would have searched a bit more and bought the one with 6cd's (though I bet that is a pain). There is no other way to do it other than dual layer? Because my recorder reads and makes an image of the whole thing. No way to split it or anything? Thanks again.