1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up game...need help (SCARED of message on back )

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ACDCMain, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ACDCMain

ACDCMain Member

Hey im Backing up Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow which is a PC game(srry if posted in wrong place but i didnt see any forum about backing up a pc game) I need help I am SCARED of message on back, It says :

"This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disc and virtual drives."

Will that mess up the cd or my computer ? or even the CD drive ?? Or do they just mean that you cant copy this game ? er do they jus wanna scare you like they did me ? lol

~~BTW im using BlindWrite 5~~

Thanks for any help,
    Sam

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

PC game protections won't damage anything. All they do is try to prevent you from running a copy or mounting an image of the play disc in a virtual drive.

There're two things we need to know before we can proceed:

- The make/model burner are you going to be using.

- The specific version of SafeDisc that your game uses. I see Pandora Tomorrow being listed as using either ver. 3.15.010 or ver. 3.20.022 so we'll need to scan your copy with A-Ray Scanner to determine which version it uses. Here's a link to the download:

http://www.aray-software.com/

3. ACDCMain

ACDCMain Member

im srry i have no idea about my burner it came with my computer but after reading this i went and copied it from blindwrite....well it works...but whenever i select multiplayer or single play i get error messages.....

Multiplayer Error Message :
    Shadow_static_retail.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Single Player Error Message:
    SplinterCell2.exe has encounted a problem and needs to close.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This happens whenever I try to play either of these same exact error message.

Thanks for help,
    Sam

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What happens when you use the originals to play? Does everything work as it should?

Just about any software can copy the game files over to another disc and it will install fine but the true test of a copy is whether the protection has been written back to it accurately enough to pass the verification and therefore allow you to play the game.

When you open BlindWrite you should see your make/model drive listed as the Source and/or Destination drive. Just let us know what's listed there.

Did you install A-Ray Scanner and verify which version of SafeDisc your game uses?

5. ACDCMain

ACDCMain Member

well the origanal plays normal...so...but i installed it with the original and i try to play with the copys...i dont know if that would make a differenence. I havent dl'ed A-Ray yet because I've been gone for 3 days Away from my computer in WDC but I'm dl'ing it as of right now.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  6. ACDCMain

ACDCMain Member

Ok now I've got it and i am scaning the copy disc on A-Ray

Ok got results ... dont understand em tho ....

Heres Results :

[10:40:35 AM] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 3.10 or 3.15
    [10:40:35 AM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [2.66s] ---

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  7. ACDCMain

ACDCMain Member

hey u there? what do i do now ?

8. lumbjack

lumbjack Member

this means that SC PT uses Safedisc 3.1x as protection. as far as i know BW5 should be ablr to back ip up, though i can't tell you what to do as i've never used BW5 yet.

9. travalon

travalon Regular member

there are a number of guides that will walk you through the process. just go to the search bar at the top of th page and type guides or blind write and go. they are wonderful things. or click the guides tab at the top.

10. MrTupac

MrTupac Member

hello, everyone can anyone give me the full thread to backup splinter cell pandora tomorrow?thanx,