1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Games Bought from BlockBuster?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Yaguchi, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Yaguchi

Yaguchi Regular member

I got Need for Speed: High Stakes 2 yesterday but wasn't able to back it up, is that because it's a rental game? it also has a lot of scratches and skips sometimes when i play it though, I tried DVD dycript but it doesn't work, anyone made a sucessful back up of NFS:HS2?

2. jay33

jay33 Regular member

Why woul dyou buy a jacked up game from Blockbuster? I never understood how somebody could buy a rental game.....horrible idea. At any rate, NFS hp2 shouldn't be a problem to backup. My guess is the disc is too jacked up to read/burn properly.

3. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

You could always try a DVD repair service, there are shops all over that do it.

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If it hasn't been awhile blockbuster will replace it with another one if that one is scratched

Matt

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Try using Alcohol 120% make a 1:1 copy.There is another way you could try you have to buy a thing called GameDoctor.When the liquid they give you runs out just use rubbing alcohol it works the same.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Do a search on DiscDoctor or Disc DR. It's a mechanism that removes scratches from discs, it's about $25-30. But your best bet is to exchange it.

7. Yaguchi

Yaguchi Regular member

Well I bought it because it was a buy 2 get one free, but I didn't know that it was really scratched up bad, I don't have to back it up though it still plays fine except it skips at certain part, but I thought if i make a copy I wouldn't get skipping problem. Another BlockBuster nearby has the same game do you think they would let me exchange it there? Thx for the help

8. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I have taken many many previously viewed DVD and games back (with receipt) because they were scratched. I haven't had any trouble returning them

Matt

9. Yaguchi

Yaguchi Regular member

well I did the buy two get one free thing you think they would let me just return NFS?

10. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Umm your asking the wrong guy.. Just take the thing back and see what they say (Blockbuster)

Matt

11. Yaguchi

Yaguchi Regular member

No because It bough that game and dvd, to get a free game<--lower price than the other. It still plays just skips at videos and music, but it's okay, I'll just remember to ask them to let me see the cd before I buy a game next time.

12. twinke

twinke Member

If you can't return the game and wanted to try to save it without spending money just get some toothpaste (paste, not gel. It needs to be gritty), get a wash cloth get the disc a little wet put toothpaste on it and use the wash cloth to buff out any scratches. Just make sure that you go from the inside to the outside. I saw this trick on the screensavers and I was able to back up dvds that previously had been to scuffed up to work.

Twinkerules