1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Games larger than 3.99gb

Discussion in 'PS2' started by G-Stylez, Jan 29, 2004.

1. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

hey guys, I am having a few problems trying to back up some games of mine...Tony Hawk:underground and Smack Down: Feel the pain in particular...Now, when I copy the ISO image to my comp, it comes out as 3 files, one mds file which is 5kb, 1 file that is 3.99gb, and one that is 250-350 mb...Which file do I back up on to the dvd-r, or is there a way to combine all the files together...any information would be greatly appreciated! thanks

2. zerogod

zerogod Member

i copied THUG no problem... use nero 5.5.9.17... use the dvd copy dialoge wizard, dont' put in dvd yet, wait for the button "burn" to appear after goin thru the steps, then put in your dvd, click burn.. should do it no problem... then after that, compile a new dvd with nero, go thru the steps and ur done.. easy as pie.. heh

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

use use 120%? or dvd dyc?... if the 120% then just go to the burning wizard and load up the mds.... then rest should load up... if the dvd then just load the mds file and burn it..... it's not really a problem in spilting files... it dont mean the game is broken...

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

dvddecrypter works great on mostly all dvd games! plus its very easy. mode: iso Read.. than mode:iso write. thats it.

5. logannsan

logannsan Member

Hey, sounds like your system is limiting you to a file size of 3.99gb. If you are using DVD decrypter, which sounds like you are, you should just get the MDS file and then only one ISO file. Maybe your hd is FAT32, or you may need to update your BIOS for the Motherboard. Those are usually the 2 reasons I read about people having the same type of problem you've got.

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

listen people.. if he USED FAT32/16 the file should be split to 2GB per file... and create about 4 files... BUT he said it create 4GB file... so it's NTFS since fat32 WONT allow him creating 4gb file... if he get 3 files with mds all he do is just load the mds and thats all...

7. logannsan

logannsan Member

Listen, Cyprien Member, I DID'NT say his HD was FAT32/16. I said it MAY FU**'IN BE! MAYBE! Now I dont use every dam piece of software that comes out (as you had to point out one post below this one), but MDS to me means DVD Decrypter, and thats all I need to use..for PS2 and DVD's. When I read in ISO mode it only makes the MDS file and ONE ISO file. I dont use Alcohol 120% or ISOBUSTER or CLONECD etc..etc..So MAYBE those programs split your ISO after a certain GB is made. It just sounded like he is being limited to only 3.99GB for a reason...Other than the software that is making the ISO..

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

geez dude relax... 120% ALSO creates mds for your info so why not... maybe he USE 120% ever think of that?... i actauly know he use 120%.. cuz he did some other thread asking about mds mdf and md0 files... so he must be using 120% and NOT dvd decryptor...

9. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

ok guys, thanks for the info, but please dont argue about the thread, I should have looked into it more...Cyprien, I am using DVD Decryptor, but I think your method is the right one, I just want to know how exactly how I load the mds file, I mean, so that it will split the 2 files...do u mean I just copy that 5kb mds file to the dvd-r?? And Logannsan, U may be right as well, because I may be runing on a fat program...Im going to check it as soon as this post is up...sorry for the confusions guys, but thanks to both of u for ur help...Im just a little computer illiterate...

10. Xian

Xian Regular member

Actually the max file size on FAT32 is 4 gigs, FAT is 2 gigs. See the table at the bottom of this page at microsoft.com:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...oc/en/choosing_between_NTFS_FAT_and_FAT32.asp

It is Record Now Max or anything else based on the Prassi engine that cuts things in 2 gig chunks even on FAT 32 systems. Another program like DVD Decrypter that is not based on the Prassi burning engine would use 4 gig chunks.