1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up games on mod-xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by drluv, Apr 2, 2005.

1. drluv

drluv Regular member

alright i relize there are tons of posts about this but i have a specal situaton... i recently bought a used, modifdied, x-box (or so i think). yet as far as i know... is nothing. how do i know if a modchip is installed, if its "flashed" or if i have extra memory... ect. for the basic use of backing up games onto my x-box (cuz im lazy, and it'd b cool). i need a quick rundown on how to check if i have a mod-xbox, what else i need, and how to make a my no CD machine. oh and im new at this so keep it simple.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

First off, what kind of mod chip do you have installed?

3. drluv

drluv Regular member

thats the problem, i bought it used and have limited info on it and am thinking with a go ahead i will open my xbox and find out (asuming it is labled). but i dont think it will be, so i figure i will need some advice on identifying it...

4. drluv

drluv Regular member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  5. drluv

drluv Regular member

all i really need help on is:

1 IDing the type of mod chip if and when i open up my xbox
    2 How to tell if i have more HD space
    3 How i know whether or not the mod chip (whatever it may be) is flashed

because all the modification was done by the guy who i bought my xbox from, and i can no longer go talk to this guy... so i need to find out what he did to it, or how far i am to being able to make backup games (directly on the HD if i find out its bigger)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

1) Ok, first off, is there a dashboard installed on your Xbox? Or does the original Xbox dashboard come up as if there is no modchip installed?

2) Next, check around the Xbox case and see if you see any things stuck on it; is there anything on there that is not on a stock case?

3) If the original Xbox Dashboard is coming up, you may need to flash the chip still, seeing that it is the operating system of the modchip. Or you might need to install a dashboard, such as EVOX, but lets not get into that yet.

4) If you cannot find anything on the outside of the Xbox case, and the original Xbox dashboard is coming up, then we have a problem. You will have to open up your Xbox and go all the way down to the mother board to see what chip you have installed. DON'T WORRY about opening the Xbox up, you will not mess the chip up, just be careful pulling things out. Follow this guide to take apart your Xbox, it is REALLY easy, http://www.teamxecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin16.htm

Disregard the stuff at the top about the x3 chip, just go down to where they start showing how to take apart your Xbox.

Oh and all you really need to take out is the hard drive, cd/dvd rom drive, the connections to those devices, and a few screws holding them in place. You should then have a good view of your Xbox motherboard and should see a chip in there somewhere.

3) You can ftp into your Xbox using FlashFXP, but to do this, you will need to know your Xbox's IP address and it must be modified. Try to follow this guide here after you have figured out what chip you have, http://www.geocities.com/modchipzone/ftpingproblem.htm

Now if you cannot find your IP address, or cannot log into your Xbox using flashFXP, don't freak out. Make sure you are typing in the correct IP address as shown on your screen and make sure you Xbox is still on and is at the screen where it shows your IP address (note: do not just go into the regular Xbox dashboard and get the IP from there, go onto your chips dashboard). Also make sure that you are using the correct password and username, sometimes it is xbox for the user name and xbox for the password, but if you have an x3 then the password and username are both x3.

Hope this helps, keep me up to date!!

7. drluv

drluv Regular member

thanks alot for your help ill keep ya updated :)

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

No problem, just pm me if you need any more help :)